So how about a fun story about Easter weekend.
Friday morning we took off and drove the 3 1/2 almost 4 hours to Ocean Park Washington to go clamming with sweet hubby's family. Have I ever mentioned I hate seafood, and I hate being cold and I don't do mornings. Well just remember that.
Aaron had to go straight to work Sunday and I wanted to leave early to spend Easter lunch with my parents, Grandma and Cousins on my mom's side. So we both drove our cars. For those who don't know Aaron has a beater communter car, a seriously ugly 95 subaru sedan, faded red. Well it flat out died 2 miles from Ocean Park. Have you ever been to Ocean Park? Not a whole lot there, but God is good, and about 1/2 a mile down the road randomly was a Napa auto parts. And even more randomly they had an alternator (what was wrong) for a 95 sub! NICE God is so good! We got it changed out, or rather Aaron did and we went on our way.
The in-laws had rented a hotel room for SIL/hubby and Aaron and I then on the same property parked their (very cozy) rv. that the 4 kids (9,8,7,6) SIL#2 and MIL and FIL were going to sleep in (there were a total of 6 real beds and if you can count as well as I can that adds up to 7 people. Hum....lets see how this is going to go, oh and I forgot the dogs, yep add two dogs into there.
The first morning my darling sweet son had to go pee at 4:14am, and you guessed it 9,8,7 and 6 all woke up along with him! Fun times!
Thankfully (or not) the tide that morning was at 8 and you are suppose to be out there 2 hours before, yep we were on the beach in the freezing cold at 6am SATURDAY morning. Oh it gets better just wait. Got our limit's of 15 clams each, then headed in. Spent the day sleeping and shopping (the same store over and over again). And headed to bed resonably early.
Sunday morning we were on the beach by 6:15 but the wind and rain was so nasty you had to walk backwards leaning into the wind just to stand straight! Not pretty at 6 in the morning. So the kid and I bailed and drove home, well to my Grandma's for a very warm and enjoyable meal with them :)
2 comments:
Yay--I'm so excited..=) I love the picture too... That's adorable.. I agree--cold weather and seafood not fun... Give me warm weather and a resort plus good shopping any day..
Sounds like an adventure! Great pic! And yes, I care about this blog too. I keep checking back to see when you're gonna update. ;-)
Post a Comment