Sunday, September 5, 2010

sad

A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks, but I will talk about that later. I need to get some sadness out, as writing is therputic. I started reading a book to the kids at the start of summer called Dog Days of Charolette Hayes a book

all about a girl who has a St. Bernard. I hadn't read it before I started reading, and I struggled with the first 3/4's of the book, thinking it was poorly written and silly. But as we finished it tonight it had all of us in tears. Not really for the story, but just cause we still are missing Reno. I had a good talk with the kids about it, but it's still heartbreaking to see your kids so sad, and especially when you can't hold back the tears yourself.

Audrey is especially heartbroken, she seems to think it's her fault. And it's not but the circumstances that led up to the actual event make it easy for her to see that it could be. Just another thing to make it harder.

No comments: