Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Dreams

Do you ever have a dream that just sticks with you and you can't shake? Growing up, I had one that I still remember vividly. My parents house is surrounded by big huge fir trees, it backs up to national forest land. As a child and teen I had this dream that there was forest fire in the woods and that we had an hour to evacuate, the whole what are you going to save thing. I probably had it once or twice a year, always the same theme, different items I would try and save depending on what was important to me at that phase of life.

Well last night I had a new variation of this dream, we now live in a farming community, open farm land as far as the eye can see, it's low-lying but not really in flood danger. So last nights dream....We lived in a house that was on a hill under a lake, with a leavy below the house, and a creek with pipes ect running around. The house was not in real danger normally but for some reaon the lake was flooding and I was frantically filling the van (um yeah I would never own a van so who knows where this came from) with stuff to save. Then realized I hadnt touched the kids' stuff or found the cats, and where was the dog going to go. Oh man it was panic city.

I hate how these dreams are so real and vivid and stick with you. Why can't you remember clearly the ones that are nice.

No comments: