Saturday, February 2, 2008

and so it begins

my 5 year old has entered the dreaded teen years! And my almost 7 year old has resorted back to the twos!

We had a bunch of errands to run after Winn's basketball game today, so we did that. Started with redeeming Winn's book it coupon at Pizza Hut, for reading a certain number of books in a month. Then we hit the used video game store for a new Ninetindo game for a reward for straight a's ! (yes my first grader gets number grades, but that's a whole nother post) I went to Once upon a child next door while dad and the kids picked out the new games. I get in the car, they are arguing about who gets to play first, it's already been established that Winn gets to because it's his reward for the good grades, but Audrey just can't let it go. Winn gets riled up and the verbal assault begins. I say knock it off, blah blah blah, then treaten with no video game if they don't knock it off. The cool it. Fast foward to our next stop costco, where we are hoping to get new cell phones and renew our contract......kids get into it AGAIN about who gets to play first.......I say fine no one is playing today if that is how your going to act... Winn FREAKS, total meltdown, this is my mellow, well behaved angel child who I often forget is around he is so well behaved. So Aaron takes him out to the car, mentions what his punishment is going to be when he gets home. Audrey stays with me as I pay, as they walk away she says "I hate you mom, your so unfair" UM NO! We aren't going to play that game at 5!

1 comment:

The Planet Pink said...

strap on your seat belt momma! It's gonna be a ride! lol