Friday, February 29, 2008

my kids are the sweetest

it's been a doozy of a week. Hubby gone most of it. A lot in my IRL life going on. And then a really ugly and tough situation needed dealing with on a board I am part of. And in the middle of all the drama, I came down with a mild case of the stomach flu, not running to the bathroom bad, but no energy feel like I want to vomit flu. In the midst of all this my kids have been neglected a wee bit. Tonight I was really upset, the uglyness came to head right around bed time and I was struggling to find my way thru it with out tears and I snapped at them for something. They went sulking off, and very shortly came sweetly back with two pieces of paper in hand.


they had made me "mother's day" cards. I cried some more. Then they got ready for bed, they had asked if Audrey could sleep in her sleeping bag on Winn's floor so I went into Winn's room and they said, "mom we talked and you can have a break in the morning and sleep in, we will come in and get your order and bring what ever you want for breakfast to your bed" Winn says " I can kind of make toast, so order tham mom"
And I cried some more. I don't know how I got blessed with such sweet kids. But in their honor I am taking a break from my chat boards for a bit. To give them the attention they much deserve.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Nothing better then Kids to keep perspective on life! What super sweet kids you have!!!

The Planet Pink said...

Wow. Little kids truly aren't that far from God are they? Such sweet spirits.

Anonymous said...

Oh! What sweeties! Love you Beth!