Sunday, March 23, 2008

15 adults, 10 kids, 7 dogs

and one house.....what do you get. I really insane weekend! Hubby's aunt owns a house (actually two houses) on the Oregon coast, she invited all of her children and her sister (hubby's mom) and her kids to spend the weekend of Easter at the Beach house. Lets just say, one call to the septic people to pump out one over flowed septic tank, tons of dogs who don't normally live together and a whole bunch of wild boys ( 8 of the 10 kids were boys between the ages of 11 and 6) and you have a huge freaking mess on your hands. Add in the fact that two sets of parents do very little parenting (and that's being generous) the grandparents think candy is water, the noise level is constantly at 5 million decibles and well I am crazy and I don't think that I will come out of my nice quiet house for a week! Thankfully I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have to sleep in the hosue with all the kids, I got lucky and got to sleep at the second house, with 3 other adults. It's said that my newphew was up at 4am this morning! OY!


and because it was snowing when we left, yes snowing in Oregon, I decided against taking the nice easter clothes with us, and of course the weather was beautiful two of the three days. Oh well, there will be plenty of days to get good pictures in our pretty Easter clothes.

And I have to share, that we did communion as a family Easter morning, it was a super special time, one I won't forget anytime soon.

No comments: