
What is it about a girl and her doll?
I will admit that I am not a girlie girl, and having a little girl of my own has stretched me in ways I never imagined. When I found out I was having a girl my first words were, "there will be no pink for my girl" And I had nightmares of ballet lessons and playing tea party with dolls.
But my girl has stretched me. She is rough and tumble and tough, but is also very much a girly girl. And she loves all things pink and frilly. (Lord help me!) For her 5th birthday she was given an American Girl doll, and a sweater for her and her doll. Audrey has never much really been into dolls, and I was very much in doubt that this doll would be any different than any of the others piled in the corner of her room unloved. But something about this doll has sucked my daughter in and earned her love. Tara, the doll, has been attached to Audrey for the last month, and there have been numerous dress changes and tea parties. The other day I came across a dress that came with a matching doll dress. Oh how Audrey squeeled when she opened the package and saw the matching outfit. And oh how it melts my heart to see my girlie snuggled up in bed with her dollie.
1 comment:
I LOVE it!!!! I was a NO pink, bows or hearts for my wedding and Addie's room was red and ladybugs (no pink please) and then I had two GIRLIE GIRLS!!! The amount of dress up, doll loving and squealing is unbelievable....and now I have been converted to the dark side...or should I say the pink side :) I can't believe that I now pick out anything that is pink and LOVE my pink phone. So I totally understand what you are saying :) What an adorable picture of your sweet little one! :)
Post a Comment