Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ah Freedom!

7 years in the making! Today my baby went to Kindergarten! No we didn't do preschool, like everyone else. So it was the very first day of school for her, and man were we ready lol! It was so nice to have those 2 1/2 hours to myself, for the first time in years! I got a work out and a shower in with out anyone bugging me! YEAH! And actually got the dishes done in about 10 mins instead of the 60 it usually takes. at her desk, she got a little nervous when it was time for me to leave, but we had planned for that and had a piece of "pink blankie" in her back pack.
Even though Winn is an old pro at this he looked nervous too, his teacher was suppose to be "harsh" (his words) so I think that scared him, he came home and said "that was even easier than kindy or 1st!"Grandma has a tradition of "first day of school" cakes :) Audrey got a pie cause Grandma didnt' think we needed two cakes.
and another little note, it will be interesting to see how the clothing situation goes. Those who know me know I am a little obsessive about what my kids wear, I want them looking nice no cartoon character clothing here (well for the most part) so when I asked the kids about picking first day of school outfits out, Audrey pipped up "if you let me pick the first day you can pick the rest of the year" and Winn thought that sounded great too! I think I got off easy with that one, we will see if they stick with it, and I think it was really cute that Audrey cared enough about the first day to say that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"easier than 1st or 2nd" ?? Isn't Winn in 2nd grade this year? He can't be in 3rd grade already! :O

They both looked super cute for their first day of school! I love Audrey's choice. :)

millertimeab said...

EEK! your right, off to fix the typo, good catch ;)

Teresa said...

Super cute pictures and I love the !st day of school cake! :) Hope you have a wonderful year with 2 1/2 hours each morning to yourself. :)