Sunday, October 18, 2009

thunder lightining rain oh my!

oh my goodness! I win the bad mom of the year award this week for soccer. When we left the house it was warm (mid 60's probably) and sunny. I had checked the forcast earlier in the week and it called for rain all week, but sun on Saturday. We were good to go. I had on long sleeve shirt and grabbed a vest on the way out the door, neither kid had under-amour. Winn did have sweatshirt and sweats, Audrey had the first game and Winn was right after her.

We got our chairs set up, camera out and ready, and were well into the first quarter when I noticed the really really dark clouds off to the west. I commented that I might need to take the camera to the car.

At quarter they were darker and closer. So I ran the camera to the car and scrounged to see if there were any other options for keeping dry and warm, no luck.

Then it started to rain, and rain, and thunder and even some lightining! It was nuts, and still they played on!

I had us packed to head to my photoshoot and then the coast immediately after Winn's game but I didn't have enough extra's to change out of wet clothes, so as soon as Winn's coach got there I left him to play, and ran Aud and I home to change and grabbed Winn some dry clothes for as soon as he was done.

not a lot in the way of pictures this week, due to the weather, but I do have last weeks that I forgot to post. Audrey scored one goal this week, and two last. Winn played really well both weeks and his team seems to be improving.

these are from last week, a hot air balloon flew right over us!
IMG_8021sm

IMG_8028sm

IMG_8040sm

IMG_8047sm

IMG_8093sm

No comments: