Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Aud girl!

I have friends who write these amazing poetic posts to their children' on their birthdays. I long to be able to write beautiful words like that. But alas words are not my gift. So forgive my ackward writing as I write about my baby girl.

Audrey is such a unique child. She has never met anyone who she couldn't charm. She weasles her way into your heart very quickly. The high school girls from the basketball team even love her. The parents of the girls love her (or at least act like they do). Serious, she has never met a stranger. So unlike me. She can talk to anyone. I stumble over my words with my closest friends. She just has this way.

She is bubbly and ornery. When asked the other day what her favorite game was her quick witted response was "making my mom mad" and no I was not in hearing distance of this converstation it was thinkfully relayed to me later.

She does have typical 6 year old likes, she love High school musical. Movies, her American Girl dolls, Molly and Tara. And all things pink. She also loves basketball and says she wants to be a dr. one day. But freaks out at the sight of her cousin's bloody nose.

My brave little girl gave up her treasured "pink blanky" tonight. The pink fleece Tommy Hilfiger blanket she has slept with since her birth was thoughtfully traded for a pink High School musical fleece blanket, with Troy and Gabriella to snuggle with. I would have bet on tears before sleep but she didn't even second guess herself.









































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Audrey!