We drove up Wiamea canyon today, which is called the "grand canyon" of Hawaii. Really simply stunning. We were going to go for a short hike but it started raining, and we didn't have coats,and didn't particularly want to get all muddy so we decided against it.
Yes someone else touched my camera, he did know what he was doing :)
Some goats on the rim of the canyon
channelling a little Ansel Adams
off of Kauai there is an island inhabited by only 200 people, all native Hawaiians, this sign is about it, and the next picture you can sort of make it out. 
This beach is the end of the road on the South shore, it's about 5 miles down a really rough dirt road thru farms, this is the Napali coast. And the only way to get to it is by boat.
Special pictures for J&C Aaron insisted! :) We wish you were here with us guys!



We found a beach off the beaten path, that had black sand and lots and lots of polished glass, I attempted a shot of it. 
and then just up the little dirt road from glass beach was this really old cemetery, all of the headstones were in Chinese I think, except one, newer headstone, which had English, the date on it was 1929!


I am in love with these trees, they appear to be related to 
1 comment:
You ended with my favorite flower--plumeria... love it... Thanks for the surfing picture---they are sweet... Just know that once I show Jake, he will insist that you come along each time we go surfing at the coast---so you can get some great shots of him..=)I lovee the shot of the vacant beach right above the first surf photo--I want to be there... Great shots---and I'm glad you are getting pictures of the two of you together... a must...
Post a Comment